Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back to Work

After my long break it's time to get going and get back to work!

First things first - my studio is a bit of a mess:


It's hard to sew when everything is strewn about...
 
OK.  So I signed up for four classes three weekends in a row.  Is this normal?  Plus I took a jacket class in July - you can see the red fabric by the sewing machine and the special Pellon fabric (photographing as white on the cutting table) you use to make patterns and can sew up to make a pattern that fits. 

You can also see the fat quarters and other fabric out of blue and beige I'm going to use for one of Bonnie Hunter's classes with the Dallas Quilt Guild Sept 6th. 

You can also see two bolts of fabric I snagged at the new quilt shop in Plano, 'The Texas Quilter' in May.  They are part of Sue Zipkin's Sweet Shoppe collection which was from a few years ago, but they match my dishes.  I'm going to cover the chairs in my breakfast room and make curtains!

But everything doesn't need to be out all at once.  So I need to clean this up and then I can get back to work!

Thinking about it, I KNOW I'm not the only soul with a messy studio!  Who else out there will admit to it?

I'll be posting photos of the great clean-up within the next week!

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not the only soul with a messy studio. Good luck with the clean up. I'll be tackling mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's intriguing how quickly things get out of control. It seems to happen often when we are creating. In my case, I get excited about the project, and then I am too excited about the NEXT project to bother picking up the last project. Before I know it, the remnants of past creativity begins to inhibit my current creativity. I look forward to your "after"!

    ReplyDelete