Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend with Bonnie Hunter

Spent all day Friday and Saturday sewing with Bonnie Hunter who did 2 workshops for the Quilter's Guild of Dallas.  It was a lot of fun!  Bonnie is great; she's a good teacher and very helpful.  She has an incredible color sense which I'm not sure she realizes how special it is.  I think she just 'does it", but it is a gift, I think. 

We spent the days sewing and rocking to the Beach Boys channel on Pandora.  Do take a workshop with Bonnie if you can; I've never had 2 days pass so fast except for maybe the shop hop I went on (details below).

These are the quilts we were working on:

Friday's quilt - Jamestown Landing from "String Fling"

 
 
Saturday's quilt - Virginia Bound from "Scraps and Shirttails":

 
I will post pictures of my blocks soon.
 
But the big news is I cleaned up my studio.  Hurray!!
 

 
 
Actually, you can see a couple of my blocks for the Virginia Bound quilt on the table.  The room is full, but it is straightened up and ready for major quilting to happen!
 
Strangely, what took the longest was framing the FQ signed by Tula Pink.  It's up on the wall behind the TV.  I met Tula when I participated in  a 3 day shop hop in September, 2011.  There were 12 buses of women circulating for those three days in North Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas.  Tula's mother organized the trip; at the time she owned a great quilt store in Missouri.  I bought a bunch of fabric designed by Tula and she signed on of the FQ's.  I could put it in a quilt, but decided to frame it instead.
 
If you ever get an opportunity to go on a 3 day bus trip to 12 quilt stores, do it!  It was unbelievably fun.  The North Texas shop that participated was the Quilt Asylum.  Great memories!
 
What do you think of my clean studio??
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the clean up! How wonderful that you now get to enjoy that memory from your quilt shop trip and meeting Tula. Love her! I recently discovered a line she designed before I was a quilter and I so wish that I could get my hands on some of the purple and aqua owls from Full Moon Forest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet that is wonderful. I don't have any fabrics in that group that I could share. Thanks for your support and inspiring me to clean up my room!

      Delete